Hey guys!!! I’m back finally!! So in case you didn’t know, I’m the oldest child of four. Yes I have two annoyingly funny brothers and one adorable but still sometimes annoying sister. Being the oldest is a lot of responsibility and also pretty incredible. Here are five things every older sibling knows is the truth.
- What’s yours is theirs and what’s theirs is still theirs. Sharing is a huge part of being an older sibling. From sharing a bedroom to sharing food. There’s nothing you own that won’t be in the hands of your siblings at one time or another. Just got new headphones? Well your little brother will be using them ten minutes after you get them. Adorable jacket that goes wonderfully with your high tops? The little sis will be taking that thank you very much.
- They’re there to embarrass you to the end of the world. There’s no such thing as secrets and if you have big mouth siblings like I do, the whole world is gonna know your business. Or if you’re standing by a cute boy in line somewhere, you can bet that your little bro will be giving said cute boy the stink eye the entire time. It’s just how these things work.
- Fighting is a daily thing. Whether it’s because someone didn’t empty the garbage or because someone embarrassed someone in front of their friends. It can range from screaming matches to punches being thrown. But hey, thanks to them, you know how to fight. And at the end of the day, they’re there to make you smile and laugh.
- There’s so many inside jokes. And things that each other does that always can put a smile on your face. When you’re having a bad day you can count on them to bring a smile to your face and brighten up the day. And when you have to go away for a long time, coming back is like you never actually left. Leaving them might be hard, but coming back is always great.
- No one is allowed to mess with them but you. If anyone lays a finger on your younger siblings, they’re gonna have to deal with one very angry big brother/sister. Bullies got nothing on the older sibling. We’re here to make sure our baby bros and sis’ are happy and no one’s bugging them. Because as soon as someone makes them cry, we’re gonna make someone else cry. And it ain’t gonna be pretty.
Okay guys! Kind of a short post but I havent posted in a while. Hope this makes up for it and makes you smile. Until next time my peeps!!! Peace out and make sure to follow and leave a like!!!!