What’s up guys it’s Dallas, back with another blog post! (See I told you I’d be back!!!(and only a week after my last post so HA!!!))
So I’m just gonna jump right into it today. In a few weeks I’ll be leaving for my first semester at college. Last year, as a senior, I took some college classes but technically I was still a high school student and still got to be around the same people every day except two. But before I know it I’ll be away from my family and people that I’ve grown up with and be all on my own for pretty much the first time.
I’m sure I’m not the only kid who’s starting college and is a bit nervous. Being away from home, leaving family, getting lost on campus, just a few of things to be nervous about as we take this step. Without further ado, here is my list of things I’m just a bit nervous about as an incoming EMU freshman.
- Being away from my family – even though they get on my nerves a lot of the time it’s gong to be hard for all of us when I leave. I’m gonna be like two hours away so it’s not like I’ll be able to come home every weekend. Especially since I don’t drive.
- Being too shy to talk to people – this is a legit concern. I’m probably the shyest person ever meet (I know you, you can’t tell by reading my posts). Meeting new people has always been difficult for me so I’m honestly nervous that I’m gonna get to college and have the hardest time making new friends and things.
- Getting lost – Eastern Michigan isn’t a huge university with a giant campus, but it’s definitely bigger than my high school that I’m used to. It’s kind of like it’s own little city within Ypsilanti. There’s a very high probability that I’m going to get lost at least once my first week and holy crap what if I do? I think all of my classes are in the same like two or three buildings though so that makes it a little easier…I think.
- Getting too stressed out – I get stressed kind of easily and even though I work well under pressure, I just have this idea in my head that I’m going to get too stressed and make my entire life more difficult. Or I’m going to stress over the smallest things and freak myself out when I don’t need to.
- Not getting along with my roommates – I just recently found out my dorm info and who I will be rooming with. I gotta say I’m pretty nervous. I’ve sent them all messages and emails but haven’t heard anything back yet (it’s only been a day though so hopefully I’ll hear back soon) but what if we don’t get along? What if they don’t like me? WHAT IF THEY’RE MORNING PEOPLE?!?! I am not a morning person and despise mornings so hopefully they aren’t obnoxious in the morning or I probably won’t be able to handle it.
Okay so those are only a few of my big college fears. Hopefully incoming freshman can relate to this post and share my fears. And if anyone has any advice for me and the hundreds of others starting college this year, let me know either here or on my Facebook Page. Other than that, this is all I have for you guys! I’ve decided to make Wednesday’s my posting days for now. Eventually I want to do at least one more day a week but I’ll stick with one day for now! So I’ll talk to you guys next Wednesday! Make sure to follow my other social medias, Twitter, Instagram, and my Snapchat is dallaas74 (If you follow me make sure to tell me if you’re from here!!!)!
I’ll talk to you guys later!!!!