What’s up guys?! I’m back with your regularly scheduled Wednesday blog post!!! AND GUESS WHAT?! 100TH POST BABY!!!!!!!!!!! It’s hard to believe this is my hundredth post, it feels like I haven’t wrote that many. When I started this blog, I didn’t think that I’d love it as much as I do. Life of a Teen Chick really feels like a big part of me. And being able to tell people ‘yeah I have my own blog’ is probably the best feeling ever. Anyways, my last post was kind of deep and emotional. We recently lost a family friend and I’ve been missing my grandma a lot so I did the only thing I knew would get my feelings out of my head so I could focus on other things, I wrote. But today I wanted to do a sort of fun post that I feel people actually like and so here are some new YouTube suggestions!
- Bart Baker – his song parodies are my favorite thing in the whole world. I found him after watching his Justin Bieber’s What Do You Mean parody and it just kind of snowballed from there. Though some of his stuff is definitely not for kids, he’s hilarious and I just really enjoy watching his videos. And every once in a while he has other YouTubers in his videos that I recognize so that’s pretty cool too. And yes, he has done a parody of Sweatshirt by Jacob Sartorius. (At this point who hasn’t?)
- Jonah Green – remember when I talked about Joe Santagato? Okay so Joe was a part of this other YouTube group called the Settle Down Kids or SDK. And Jonah was in that group too. So I guess I found Jonah through Joe. I’m so glad I did. All of the other people I watch on YouTube I watch because they’re funny or talented (or cute) but Jonah is different. Yes, he’s funny. Yes, he can sing and his cover of Stacy’s Mom is my favorite cover of his. Yes he’s cute. But he’s different. He talks about things that other YouTubers I subscribe to don’t. While other YouTubers can make me laugh, Jonah makes me think. He’s always got some words of wisdom and it’s just so different than what I’m used to.
- Harrison Webb – I saw him in a Dominic DeAngelis video. He went on tour with Kian and Jc. He’s from England and no I don’t just like him because of his accent. Although my favorite videos of his are ones with Dom or Kian and Jc, I really enjoy watching Harrison because he makes me laugh. He does a lot of videos with his brother Anderson but he and Anderson act more like best friends than brothers and I think that’s cool. I hate when people treat their siblings like they are a burden instead of just getting along. I mean even though my brother ticks me off, at the end of the day I know I can tell him anything and he’ll keep it a secret. So Harrison is one of my faves for that reason. (okay okay and his accent) He definitely makes me laugh a lot and that’s great too.
- Simply Nailogical – yes I’m a girl, but I don’t follow a lot of makeup or beauty accounts. I don’t really find them all that interesting and honestly I don’t like wearing makeup that much anyways. But, then I found this channel and realized I was missing out on a lot. Some of you may have heard of this wonderful woman because of the 100 layers challenge that was (is it still?) going around. She’s the one who I think started the whole thing, or at least had a big part in it. It really was because of Polish Mountain that I started watching her videos and now I’m hooked and so is my little sister. Though I have yet to try any of her nail designs on my own nails (because they are hilariously short and I can’t keep polish on for more than a couple days) I really like watching her. And she doesn’t just do nails, every once in a while we get a glimpse of Simply Face-logical where she does makeup instead. And other days she’s up to just random crap. I feel like she’s like the Jenna Marbles of the beauty world.
- Jess and Gabriel’s Vlog Channel – well I’ve talked about the beautiful Jess Bauer. And I’ve talked about the equally wonderful Gabriel Conte. But now both of my faves have one channel together. AND THEY’RE ENGAGED. I literally cried tears of absolute happiness when I saw the pictures on Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter, and when I saw the actual video on their channel, I cried again. Their channel is basically a bunch of vlogs but omg they’re so cute together I had to subscribe. Plus they make me laugh and somehow through watching their videos I feel stronger in my faith because they’re both strong in their faiths as well. Anyways, I am incredibly happy for those two and my baby sister who is nine also almost cried when I FaceTimed her from college to tell her the news.
Okay so that’s all I have for this lovely Wednesday here at Life of a Teen Chick. If you’re new here I welcome you and if you’ve been her before I welcome you back. I just want to say thank you to all of my readers for sticking with me through 100 posts and here’s to many more!!!!