Are you my Appendix? Because I have a funny feeling in my stomach that makes me feel like I should take you out. (Pick Up Lines Galore)
What’s up guys I’m back with another blog post! And happy Tuesday! (I uploaded today instead of my normal Wednesday because the post is related to what is going on today)
So…it’s February 14th, aka Valentine’s Day, aka another Tuesday if you’re single and alone like me. But that’s what today’s post is all about! Being single! (And cue the Beyoncé song) Yes, this post is dedicated to all the other single ladies out in the world. So, let’s talk about Valentine’s day and what us single girls can do all by ourselves on this day.
- Shop – online, in the mall, at a bookstore. Spend a little money and just have fun.
- Plan a date for yourself – okay, a lot of couples are going to be out and about tonight, but don’t let that stop you. Go get ice cream, go eat pizza, go get a manicure. You can have fun all by yourself.
- Have a dance party alone in your bedroom – blast some anti-valentines day jams or some Jake Miller and go nuts. No one’s watching so what are you waiting for?
- Have a movie night – watch some Channing Tatum or Zac Efron movies. Laugh a little, cry a little, eat a little (or a lotta) junk food, stay in bed where you can cuddle up in your blankets in your jammies.
- Eat lots of chocolate – just because you don’t have someone to buy you chocolate doesn’t mean you can’t buy some for yourself. Stock up on your faves and you don’t even have to share.
- Binge watch something on Netflix -whether it’s a show you’ve already saw or something brand new, there’s something out there that will take your mind off all the cute couples doing their stupid couple things. I’ll be watching The Vampire Diaries or Friends in my bed.
- And finally, you can have an Anti-Valentine’s Day celebration which is also what I will be doing. Lots of junk food, some action movies with NO romance, chocolate, and absolutely no pink hearts or teddy bears.
Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you can’t have a fun-filled day. Sure it sucks, but if you did have a significant other, you couldn’t do any of the things I mentioned. Being single on Valentine’s Day is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because you can eat all the chocolate you want and don’t have to worry about buying a present for anyone. A curse because most of your friends do have boyfriends/girlfriends and it makes you more aware of just how depressing your love life is.
If you take any of my advice this Valentine’s Day and do any of the fun things I mentioned, tweet me your pictures! I’d love to see how other single ladies spent their Valentine’s Day.
That’s all I have for you guys today, I hope you have a great day whether your single or taken and eat lots of candy. Until next week, later lovelies!