I hope you all are doing well this Tuesday night. I, myself, am very tired as I did not go to sleep until about 4:30 this morning. #InsomniaProbs. But, I made it through the day without falling asleep in class, worked out, showered, and now all I need to do is write this blog post before (trying to) sleep.
If you don’t know, I am a complete and total Disney nerd. I grew up with it, I still love anything having to do with it, and for my senior year spring break last year, I went to Disney in Florida. Yeah, a little in love.
Today I wanted to talk about some of my favorite Disney characters, and no, I won’t be talking about Peter Pan or Aladdin because everyone already knows how much I love them. I’m also not going to talk about Disney princesses because there are enough blog posts out there about the ladies of Disney. I’m going to talk about the not-so-major characters from a few of my favorite movies. So, without anymore rambling from me, here we go.
- Turk from Tarzan – soooo growing up I totally thought Turk was a boy. Like, when my mom told me she was a girl I didn’t even believe her. But I loved that she was accepted as one of the guys and hung out with all the boys, not letting her gender get in the way of wrestling with Tarzan. Not to mention, she cared so much for him it was unreal. Turk is hilarious without having to try and I love that about her. That’s why she’s number one on my list today.
- Jaq from Cinderella – despite his small size, he did everything in his power to make sure his best friend Cinderella had her chance with Prince Charming. He even went so far as to risk his own life getting supplies to make her dream dress with the other mice and birds.
- Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast – she’s just such a sweet lady and actually cared about the Beast no matter how awful he was to her and the rest of the furniture staff. I loved how she was sort of a mother figure to the Beast as well as Belle when she got to the castle.
- Genie from Aladdin – I said I wasn’t going to mention Aladdin but I obviously have to talk about someone from this movie! The Genie is my favorite character other than the main one in this movie I think. He’s funny and even though Aladdin is a jerk to him at some points, he still looks out for him.
- Tantor from Tarzan – from his very first line ‘are you sure this water’s sanitary?? It looks questionable to me!!’ to jumping off a cliff to save Tarzan off the ship to London, Tantor is always there. He’s funny and cares about his friends as well as is kind of a scaredy cat which makes him that much more loveable. And if my little brother is reading this, here’s his favorite Tantor quote: ‘he enjoys a peanut. I enjoy a peanut…’ don’t ask why my brother gets a kick out of that but he does. Oh well.
So there you have it. Five of my favorite Disney characters that aren’t main characters. I hope that this post made you smile and think of your childhood like it did for me. That’s all I have for you guys today, talk to you tomorrow!