What’s up guys? I’m back with your regularly scheduled Wednesday blog post! I hope you all enjoyed my 40 Days of Blogs series, even if some of them were boring. I had fun writing them all and am very proud of myself for not giving up, even when writer’s block hit.
Today I thought I’d talk about a couple of people very near and dear to my heart: my parents. The two most important people in my life. The two people who love me no matter how annoying I get or how many mistakes I make. The two people who gave me life and since 1998 have given me everything I could ever need/want.
Growing up, I had friends who weren’t as close to their parents as I was. I had friends who were disrespectful to their parents, who talked back, who openly disobeyed the rules, and I always thought it was crazy that they acted like that. I’m sure those friends thought I was the crazy one though, a girl who never breaks the rules? Who listens to her parent’s every word, even if it’s outrageous?? Insane!
However, I can’t imagine the type of person I would be if I hadn’t listened to my parents growing up and if I decided to be a rebel and not follow their rules. I definitely wouldn’t be where I am today without them.
Without any more blabbering and rambling from me, here are 10 reasons why it’s MAJORLY important to have a good relationship with your parents, or grandparents, or whoever raised you.
- They will always believe in you – no matter where you go or what you do, they will never give up on you.
- They will always know when something is up – there’s no sense in trying to hide something because they’ll just be able to tell. It’s one of those scary but cool things parents know how to do.
- They care more about you than anyone else ever will – and they love you to the end of the world and back.
- They’re pretty much stuck with you – no matter how hard you try, you can’t get rid of them, but that’s okay. Other people come and go but parents are forever.
- They will never tell you that you cannot do something – even if that something is totally and completely insane.
- They accept you, flaws and all – ’nuff said.
- They will have confidence in you, when you have none in yourself – when you’re feeling your lowest, and like you can’t do anything right, they will be right there to life you up and remind you that you can.
- They know when you need to work things out on your own – and even though it pains them to not take care of all of your issues for you, they step back and therefore allow you to grow.
- They will provide you with important (and sometimes not so important) life lessons that you will carry with you forever – for example, my dad has taught me to be a leader not a follower; my mom has taught me that coffee is always a necessity and that a nap is always a good idea. Two very different ideas, but also things that I live by.
- You probably wouldn’t survive a single day without them – do I even need to explain this one? I can’t even go a day without texting my mom, I can’t imagine complete radio silence. After all, who would send me pictures of Zac Efron when I’m having a bad day??
Well guys, that’s really all I have for today. I have been truly blessed with the best. My parents honestly are the most important people in my life and I can’t imagine life without them.
Feel free to share this post with your own parents! Until tomorrow my lovely readers!!!!!!